Walking is for everyone! It is a fun, affordable way to exercise the whole family can enjoy. Walk your way to good health by creating a daily walking routine. Start at your own pace in a terrain that is right for you.
Here are 5 reasons why you should walk for exercise.
- No Age Limits – Your age doesn’t matter! If you can walk, you can create a walking routine. Since walking is for all ages, it is a great way to spend quality time with others. Grab your pets, friends, kids, or grandchildren, and take a stroll around the neighborhood. You could even research walking trails in your community to take in the scenery. There is no age or skill requirement…just put on your walking shoes and go!
- Fresh Air – Ah! Fresh air. It feels wonderful to breathe in clean air. Not only does it smell great, but fresh air also contains more oxygen. More oxygen is great for your blood.
- Health Benefits – There are tons of physical benefits to walking. A daily walking routine can promote weight loss, lower blood pressure, and strengthen important muscles, like your heart.
- Low Impact – Walking is easy on your body and less likely to lead to injury. From a light stroll to power walking, any pace provides benefits while being low impact.
- Mood – Stress begone! Exercise raises serotonin levels. It is also a great chance to decompress from a long day and clear your mind. In fact, some people use walking as a form of meditation.
Walking should not hurt. If pain is keeping you from your healthy walking routine, call North Point Orthopaedics. We are committed to the highest quality of orthopaedic care. Give us a call at 219-836-1060